The Jean Monnet Activities aim at:
- promoting excellence in teaching and research in the field of European Union studies worldwide;
- fostering the dialogue between the academic world and the society, including local and state level policy-makers, civil servants, civil society actors, representatives of the different levels of education and of the media;
- generating knowledge and insights that can support EU policy-making and strengthen the role of the EU in a globalised world.
Will be financed those projects that will enhance and innovate the study programs that cover EU’s activity, will increase universities’ capacities to attract best students, will consolidate cooperation with partners from other counties and will increase the HEI’s budget for teaching and research on EU subjects.
WHAT ACTIONS ARE SUPPORTED?
Jean Monnet Activities support the following Actions:
- Jean Monnet Modules (teaching and research);
- Jean Monnet Chairs (teaching and research);
- Jean Monnet Centres of Excellence (teaching and research);
- Jean Monnet Support to Associations;
- Jean Monnet Networks (policy debate with the academic world);
- Jean Monnet Projects (policy debate with the academic world).
The core subject areas of a proposal can be from any domain of sciences and humanities
HOW TO APPLY?
Each year, European Union, through the Executive Agency for Culture, Education and Audiovisual, launches a Call for Proposals. The application is online.
See here more detailed information about Jean Monnet Action.